Musical ingenuity since 2007
Music, films and games have been my obsessions since I was a teenager. In 2007 I launched Jeff Tolbert Film & Video Scoring to combine those passions and focus on composing music full-time. I am inspired by the way film directors and game producers combine story, dialog, characters and visuals to create new experiences and imaginative settings. Films and games for me are emotional experiences. I enjoy getting immersed in a world and losing myself in new and exotic locales. I believe music and audio play an enormous part in that immersion, and I love that I get to play a crucial role in the creation of those worlds.
My mastery of music composition and theory and my deep knowledge of films and games allows me to find the perfect mood for every level and scene. I’m able to draw on my experience to create music that is moving and memorable but doesn’t overpower the whole. Achieving that balance can be difficult, but it’s also incredibly satisfying and rewarding. Because of my focus on music’s emotional result, I’m also skilled at communicating its difficult language with non-musicians.Whether you need music for a game, a film, an ad or a ringtone, I will write you some amazing music. Listen to examples and watch clips on the game, film and advertising pages, or listen to everything on the library pages. Read about why people love working with me on my Testimonials page. Contact me for more information or a price quote.
See the news page for more listings:
- 6/5/13: I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be speaking at this year’s Casual Connect game conference in San Francico. My talk, entitled The Goals of Mixing, will be part of the audio track on July 30th at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square.
- 5/19/13: Working on an interesting short film entitled Bawdy Language that is also slated for release as an online game and posibly a television series. More details as they become available!
- 2/28/13: Created the theme music for Dinner Dialogues, a new web series featuring cool people talking about stuff you like.
- 2/22/13: The one-hour cut of Walk Right In is available to stream online. I originally scored this film back in 2010, and it’s still one of my favorites.
- 11/1/12: Wrote the theme for the New Disruptors podcast, featuring interviews with internet entrpreneurs. The theme features typwriters and other mechanical sounds alongside traditional instruments.